Sunday 5 April 2015

MANAFEST Concert

Last December, while on a business trip to California, I had the opportunity to see MANAFEST in concert. Usually, when I travel, I look to see if there are any concerts that I might be able to attend. For the hundreds of business trips I have been on, I have never attended a concert, do to some conflict or bad timing. But last December, that changed. For the first time I was able make a concert I was interested in.

I have seen MANAFEST in concert a few times before, and being a fellow Canadian, I wanted to make the effort to get out and see him. To say the least, it was an interesting night. There were two opening bands, the first that made no impression on me at all, but the second one was different and dynamic. If you are looking for a unique blending of music check out BloodTypeG. But more on them in a later post.

So, the place was almost empty, but regardless, the concert was performed as if the hall was full. MANAFEST (a.k.a. Chris Greenwood), put all his energy into his songs and worked on connecting with the small crowd that was there. But for me, the best part was after the show. Small crowd and Chris selling his own merch, made it easy to wait until he had helped other people and then just spend some time talking to him.

Two things followed out of that. One was his book that he wrote, I bought, he signed, and I read on the plane ride home. His book "Fighter" is a common sense book about facing your fears and having the courage to overcome them. Common sense, but something many of us face and struggle with. The second was a discussion we had about  a concert in Sarnia again. Hey, I've organized concerts before and Chris is a musician looking for places to play. So, for the last few months, that's what I have been working on. Details are not final, but I am hoping that in the near future, I will be announcing on these pages yet another concert hosted by MAD Entertainment.

Until then, if you haven't listened to the music of MANAFEST before, take some time to become familiar with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!